View All News
Giving Tuesday: Supporting our Community this Thanksgiving Season
- Winter Warmth Drive: For the past 9 years, Councilor Marc McGovern has partnered with local organizations to raise funds to purchase blankets and now sleeping bags for unhoused neighbors in Cambridge. These supplies are helping save lives and keep neighbors warm during the winter months. Any amount donated can make a difference.
- Bridges Homeward: Bridges Homeward is a social service agency based in Cambridge that provides a variety of critical services to children and families involved in the foster care system and families with children with developmental disabilities. For the holiday season, they’ve started a Holiday Gift Drive to help Bridges Homeward provide their parents and foster parents the dignity and empowerment to purchase the specific gifts that are right for their family. You can donate directly to the gift drive here.
- Margaret Fuller House: Since 1902, Margaret Fuller House has assisted the most vulnerable people of our community, spearheading the critical services to help many thousands of families, children, and seniors in Cambridge and the Greater Boston community. Members provide integrated services to individuals and families to empower them to overcome challenges, reach their potential and achieve their goals. The impact of a donation can feed families in need, provide rent relief, or even cover a full-year scholarship for a child.
- On the Rise: On the Rise’s work begins with women and gender diverse people experiencing homelessness and continues if and when they secure housing. From its origin as a women’s organization, programs have evolved toward inclusion of those historically and structurally oppressed on the basis of gender. Each year, On the Rise launches the Winter Challenge which invites supporters to help reach a $25,000 fundraising goal to unlock a 2:1 $50,000 matching gift to further support their work addressing homelessness.
- CASPAR: CASPAR (Cambridge and Somerville Programs for Addiction Recovery) is a community-based non-profit organization that works to improve the lives of individuals and families who have been affected by substance abuse. Part of Bay Cove Human Services, their focus is to treat everyone with dignity and respect. This holiday season, you can support Bay Cove’s Winter Warmth Fund, which provides holiday meals and gifts of needed items to some of our neighbors as they overcome adversity this winter.
- East End House: East End House is one of Greater Boston’s oldest social service centers and has been a vital resource for lower-income individuals and families for more than 145 years. A donation can be selected towards one of many campaigns at EEH, including its annual Holiday Drive, or its “Adopt-a-Family” program, which allows you to fill specific wishes for a family by gifting them basic necessities for the holidays.
- Cambridge Community Foundation: The Cambridge Community Foundation was one of the first community foundations in the nation, established to make a difference in the lives of Cambridge residents. Created in 1916 to serve as a vehicle for local giving and to address local needs, the Foundation has expanded its commitment to the power of philanthropy and to civic leadership over the past century. The organization recently launched its annual Give to Cambridge campaign. Donations can help feed the hungry, enable single caregivers to make ends meet, fuels social innovators with a fierce drive to solve hyperlocal problems, supports artists, and so much more.